Bobby B's Big Catch Fish Recipe January 19 2015, 2 Comments
This recipe was given to Captain Peter by another Florida captain, Captain Bobby Birch. It is recommended for Grouper, Snapper and Sea Trout. Captain Peter has used it for Walleye, Northern Pike, Crappie and other white flesh fish as well. If you want rave reviews every time - get ready when you serve this dish!
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ingredients and Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Julienne 8 - 12 mushrooms, one each red and yellow bell peppers, 1/2 Vidalia or purple onion.
3. Saute vegetables in butter along with lemon pepper and a dash of sea and garlic salt. Set aside.
4. Rub 1# fish fillets with olive oil and, if desired, fresh minced garlic to taste. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Lay fillets in a 13" x 9" baking dish and put the dish in the oven for 7 minutes. Vary slightly according to thickness of fillets. (Test with a fork for flakiness.) Turn fillets halfway through cooking. Caution: Do not overcook.
6. Pull from oven and put dish onto a trivet. Turn off oven.
7. Spread sauteed vegetables over the fish.
8. On top of the vegetables, spread 1/2 to 3/4 pint of sour cream (feel free to use lite sour cream.)
9. Generously sprinkle with your favorite fresh shredded cheese (Romano, Parmesan, etc.)
10. Return the dish to the turned off oven and let it sit there for 5 minutes until the cheese is semi-melted into the sour cream.
11. Remove from oven and serve with brown rice and a fresh greens salad.
12. Get ready for compliments!.